Saturday, August 22, 2009

so long sweet summer.....

Wow has it been a while since I have updated this! what a whirlwind summer has been!!! i would give you a month-by-month recap..but its hard to remember waaaaay back to June. can you hear the gears turning yet????

so i guess here it goes.

back in June, i rediscovered my love for Josh Groban. I remembered why I would always stay up late to watch Conan O'Brien. I worked like a slave. I needed a vacation and didn't get one (LOL). I got frustrated with my "online banking" (which really isn't online). I thought about going to summerfest (alas, i didn't make it there). I went shopping with Mallory in Kenosha(think of it as my mini-vacay). I saw the Hangover and laughed profusely! went to a few brewers games and had fun! I had dinner and caught up with an old friend who I haven't seen in a few years! I went mini golfing with Amy where we learned that we should not be professional mini golfers HAHA!! I made it through my first major Severe storm in the new apartment. I bailed out sewer water from my sisters basement. I took my family to their first brewers game at miller park (which they won!).

in July, i worked some more. i contemplated buying an autoharp (but didn't). i worked some more. I became an underground professional chauffeur. I fell in love with the Fray all over again. I had a Harry Potter marathon. I survived Flute camp! haha! I went to my first concert on the square in Madison. I decided that I needed to loosen up and live life a little. I got to know some of my friends even better. I had a blast at middle school band camp and had some of the most fun kids ever! I survived and enjoyed(for the most part) a brewers game and tailgating with the band camp crew! I learned a lot working high school week and got to know even more of my friends better by having some great late night chats and frosty freeze runs!!! I survived eating at esker for three weeks(i should get an award or something HAHA!!!) I had fun times with Kristen and Nate including brats, Olive garden, exclusive company, target shenans, and cake and shakes at coldstone.

in august, i began to work even more again. i got a raise that i didn't even know about. I am helping out in Sun Prairie working with the PMMS band. they had Sam Hazo compose a piece based off of a Georgia O'Keefe painting. Pretty SWEET!!! I was/am obsessed with student teaching(more about that later). I became determined to find teacher clothes and I have been pretty successful!!! I remembered not to sweat the small things in life, and to remember to find the beauty in the world. I did some growing up. I went to a brewers game (the first one that i have been to that they have lost). I attended one of my friend's wedding (congrats Nicole!!). I went to see Phantom of the Opera( absolutely AMAZING!!! i died and went to heaven that afternoon!) I got to hang out with my amazing friends. shopping and noodles with Mallory. Movies with Emily. Helping Kristen and Nate decorate her classroom in Baraboo (possible highlight. I love arts and crafts!!!) Visiting Natalie in McFarland and going shopping! oh how i missed that girl!!! And i had a lovely dinner with Dan and caught up with each other after all this time...

so now that you're caught up here's some more:

Student teaching is right around the corner. I'm excited/nervous/scared/anxious all rolled into one. It looks like its gonna be a great experience, it's just gonna be different than what I'm used to. Besides that, I have a lot of things to look forward to, including: WMEA state convention, Midwest, graduation, solo/ensemble judge certification, and then looking for a job. a REAL job. how exciting!!!

so I think for now, this is where I will leave you. there will for sure be many more stories to tell thanks to student teaching, and stay tuned because I will try and keep this updated!!!

Happy rest of summer and start of school!!!!
~Katie

No comments: