Sunday, March 15, 2009

PHEEEEEEEW!!!!!!


HOLY COW!!!!! my recital is over with. its a little bittersweet(never thought i would actually say that). On one note, i am elated that it is over with and that it went well, on the other hand, i am sad that it is over and kinda want to do it again!!! it was fun to play for people. I woke up saturday morning after having a terrible dream(more like nightmare) where i slept through my recital. so i abruptly turned over and checked the time to see that it was only 9am.(PHEW!!!) so i got ready, my sister did my hair, and we were off and ready to go. i ate my banana(as per to calm my stomach down) and i think i handled the day well. it helped to have so many of my friends there. (nothing like calming your nerves by joking about a tuba bra!!!). everything went smoothly. i had serious dry mouth going on in the first piece, and i kicked myself for not taking my water on stage with me. but i still made it through. I was soo happy to see that people came to hear me play.(only because i have never been the most confident hornist in the world). It means so much to me that they came out to support me!!! THe quintet was awesome. i think i even made my DAD tear up. mission accomplished!!! My only regret is that Mr. K couldnt be here to see how far i have come (even though i have a funny hunch that he was listening.) so in honor of the canadian brass.. enjoy the lovely picture...


~Katie

No comments: